Equine first aid kit
Ensure you have an emergency kit convenient at all times whether you haul your horse or not. You will want to make sure it is well stocked and easily accessible along with centrally located.
Keep a first aid kit in multiple locations including the barn, trailer and put together a portable one for the trail.
A well-stocked first aid kit should include items to:
- stabilize and treat wounds
- including a tourniquet
- antimicrobial solution
- gauze pads and rolls
- elastic adhesive
- wrap and roll
- all purpose healing salve
- wound spray
- an easy boot for injuries to the foot
- a roll of duct tape to secure waterproof bandages
- water proof bandages
- extra tetanus toxoid on hand in the refrigerator (for the barn)